Let us reflect a bit upon 2017. I call it a year of endings. My mate ended two jobs, we ended living in Utah, I ended my job, thus. New beginnings.
Being bipolar, and having had a 6 year roller coaster ride, it was time to slow things down and get real. I switched to Lithium from Lamictal and boy what a difference that has made. I’ve had a few episodes but they were mild and easily controlled with a tweak of medicine.
Now I live in Arizona, near Phoenix, and love every minute of it. It is a fun place for me and my mate to explore and discover new things. I have a job as a contractor for a company that processes traffc violations and other types of tickets. I really like it and it is close to home.
Without further adu here is the list I made of the best moments of 2017 in no particular order:
10. Practicing choking-helping techniques (hilarious)
9. Best friend chicken sandwhich – Provisions in Salt Lake City
8. Friends with a cute spunky blonde, Crissy, for a while.
7. Art fest – both. Tempe AZ and Salt Lake City, UT. Lots of fun!
6. Seeing Kathleen Madigan in Wendover, NV – hilarious woman!
5.Reading a total of 9 books – the most since I can not remember when
4. Changing to Lithium – immediately felt better
3. Going to NV to get Laurel’s car – went to Viginia City and of course a Nevada casino buffet (with cotton candy)
2. Moving to Arizona. Palm trees, cacti, wild parrots, and citrus fruit trees abound!
- Sundance film festival at Park City, UT. Women’s March down the streets lead by Chelsea Handler and Charlize Theron! (We did not see them) and my boyfriend, Josh Jackson, was apparently there, too, and no I did not get to see him either. One day, Josh, one day!
So all in all it was a pretty OK year. Was not too big a fan of the apartment we had – it was kind of a crazy layout and we had to get extra storage items like a pantry. I hated not having a car during the dead of winter and walking to work in the snow. BRRR and ick. I am glad it doesn’t snow here.
2017 was good because no one I knew died or had any major issues. In fact, my great neice Callie Mae (Mae was my mother’s middle name) was born in April (same month my mother had been born in). My mom is smiling down on the adorable little Callie Mae. My sister is beside herself with joy and love for the little critter. She is pretty dang cute.
I still did not get a computer (typing this on my fire tablet as we speak) but my phone died and I got a new and better one that I am enjoying.
We got an air fryer for Christmas from my mate’s parents. I am so excited to make friend chicken. YUM. That was probably my favorite present. I can not wait to use it. Have not had an oppprtunity yet… maybe tomorrow on New Years day.
Survived a year of President Donald Dump somehow. He has not yet nuked another country so we are good there…
Went hiking a bit in Utah, very crowded but pretty nonetheless.
I got a PR (personal record) in running and then 3 weeks later another one! 9 minutes and 31 second mile run. I have lost a lot of weight and inches (and Christmas saw me gain a bit back of course… haha. I will get it off again).
That is about it for 2017. Welcome to Arizona!!!