In 2015 I vowed to do two things. I didn’t do a resolutions list like I did this year. I just explained what I needed to work on. Honesty and responsibility. I failed on all fronts. I resolved to stop lying. It is a cumpulsion and like a tic. I was better in 2016 than inprevious years but not that great, still. Any lying is not good. Responsibility was another one.I was irresponsible with a lot of things. I can’t say I acheived what I had set out to do or be.
My mom would definitely not be proud of me. And that hurts. I am going to print out the entry where I list my resolutions for 2017 and 3 ways I can acheive each one, and put it up somewhere to see it all the time. I really need to be abetter person. I all but destroyed the relationship with the one person I love the most. Breaks my heart that I could be so irresponsible with the heart of another like that.
I really have to work hard. It is not going to be easy. Next up: The worst of 2016. Wasn’t hard to come up with…
Ugh I hate this part. I have so many things I need to work on. And I hate doing resolutions, no one ever sticks to them. Let’s see if I can!
- I want to be a more positive thinking person
- I want to be a less irritable person
- I want to lose at least 20 lbs
- I want to be a more honest person
- I want to be a more caring and loving person
There I think that covers about all of the “sub-genres” of things I’d like to work on. Now here are 3 ways for each thing that will help me accomplish them.
To be more positive I will:
- Continue positive meditation practices
- Have gratitude for all the wonderful things that I have, or have experienced
- Turn around negative thoughts and think good things in comparison to them
To be a less irritable person I will:
- Use empathy
- Let arguments go by thinking “is it really that important?”
- Think to myself “does this effect me?” and if not, let it go
To lose 20 lbs I will:
- Continue to work my muscles daily
- Continue to run (outside or inside)
- Eat smaller portions of food
To be a more honest person I will:
- Weigh the consequences of being truthful vs. non-truthful
- Reward myself for being truthful
- Keep an open mind on ways to accomplish the same end but by honest means
To be a more caring and loving person I will:
- Be empathetic toward others, put myself in their shoes and walk a mile
- Put others first before myself
- Be grateful to others for what they give to me
I think I can accomplish those things. 🙂